GOLDMINE MAGAZINE: RANDY MEISNER COVER EDITION – FALL 2023
As an In Memoriam, we are giving Eagles fans a full archival interview with the late Randy Meisner. The bassist/singer shared quite a bit in a sit-down talk.
"There were never any real big egos in the band," said Meisner of the Eagles, "thinking we’re so cool. That was the opposite of what we wanted. We wanted people to think we were just like you. We were just like anybody else."
In this must-read interview, Meisner revealed a lot about his time with the Eagles ... and Poco.
On Poco: “I went to Laurel Canyon and here’s [bassist] Timothy Schmit just walking out [of a Poco audition] and I’m going in. I played for a while and they said, ‘You’re in.’ So we started Poco together. We were like the first country-rock group."
Also, if it is "The Long Goodbye" for the EAGLES then we had to take a look at the band's most valuable and distinctive vinyl, and where it stands in today's marketplace. With quite a few surprises! Goldmine also looks at the band's commitment to audiophile vinyl and the history (and ranking) of their studio recordings.
Also in this issue:
FEATURES / INTERVIEWS
• A BILLY GIBBONS-LED ZZ TOP NEVER LETS UP ON THE GAS
• LYNYRD SKYNYRD CELEBRaTE THEIR HARD-EARNED LEGACY
• THE GUESS WHO KEEP THE SPIRIT OF CLASSIC ROCK ALIVE
• SHEL TALMY: AN AMERICAN RECORD PRODUCER WHO PUT HIS STAMP ON BRITISH ROCK
• NORTHERN SOUL IS A STRONG GENRE FOR RECORD COLLECTORS
• MOBY GRAPE’S PETER LEWIS PICKS THE 10 ALBUMS THAT CHANGED HIS LIFE
• BOOK EXCERPT: The Who & QUADROPHENIA
• SPIN CYCLE: THE BEST OF THE LAST YEAR (SO FAR)
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.